Cochrane UK Consumer Stipends
Cochrane UK is funding the opportunity for two patients, carers or patient advocates living in the UK to attend Cochrane London 2023.
Successful applicants will get:
- Free registration to attend the Colloquium (Monday 4th - Wednesday 6th September 2023), including lunches and attendance at the evening social event (Tuesday 5th) [worth £495 per person]
- Accommodation at a reasonably-priced hotel in London, if required (up to three nights, which can include the nights of Sunday 3rd, Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th)
- Reasonable travel expenses. For example, a standard class return train fare.
If you need to be accompanied by a carer in order to attend, the prize can also cover their registration fees and reasonable expenses.
Attending a large conference can be daunting, but there will be plenty of support. We will put the two prize recipients in touch with one another and other Cochrane consumers* before the event. We would like to invite the prize recipients to participate in the Colloquium and will work with the successful candidates to find a role that suits them.
Who can apply?
- be living in the UK
- be either:
- a patient, or someone with personal experience of a health condition
- a caregiver or family member who is involved with someone with a health condition
- someone who represents (or advocates for) patients and carers
- have an interest in healthcare research (but not necessarily prior experience)
How to apply?
Applicants are invited to complete this short survey by 12th June 2023.
Winners will be contacted via email by 26th June 2023.
Please get in touch with any questions by emailing email@example.com
*Cochrane uses the term ‘consumer’ to include patients (or people with personal experience of a health condition), health and social care service users, caregivers and family members who are involved with someone with a health condition, and people who represent (or advocate for) patients and carers.